Friday, October 21, 2011

Seeking for Acceptance?

                Eight years ago, I came to United States with the aim of making this country my earthly home. Then I was forced by the obvious cultural and social circumstances to learn how to communicate through the predominant language, English. So I decided to make of this inescapable challenge something enjoyable. Sadly, very soon, it turned into a nightmare, for the majority of the people that I had to interact on every day basis were inpatient and unkind.
As a result, I placed myself in the unpleasant stereotype of the “immigrant with broken English.”  Desperately, I was looking for acceptance through the English language. Consequently, the lack of peace in my life was evident, for I put people in the place that since the beginning of time had been designed just for God: my heart and my mind.
Finally, I started praying for boldness and confidence in the change of direction for my searching. Once again, I witnessed the love and faithfulness of God toward God-self and God’s core beloved creation: human beings. Therefore, my searching for acceptance has not ended with my personal encounter with Jesus Christ; on the contrary, it has become a breathtaking adventure that is rendering me to enthusiastically live every second in my life within everlasting peace and joy.   

With love and respect,
Blessings in Christ <><,
Claudia Nava-Galloway

No comments:

Post a Comment