Friday, October 21, 2011

Saturday, October 15, 2011
Early Evening Meditation <><
Be Careful with the Tricky Self-Righteousness <><
                A while ago, before I boldly decided to commit my life to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I used to speak based on my own agenda, especially when I encountered ideologies that were in contrary to my self-righteous beliefs, even if those philosophies came from my own beloved family and/or reliable-faithful Christian friends. As usual, the Holy Spirit did not allow me to be at peace.
Then I started doing a deep inner-searching about my own attitude toward my neighbor. Bravely and honestly, I asked the Holy Spirit why I was “hitting” people with my words that I thought came from my heart. For in my earthly journey toward the good prize, becoming more and more like Jesus Christ, sometimes I was not at peace. Soon God, being as faithful a God as God is, permitted me to discern that I was trying to lead people to Jesus Christ based on my own limited human understanding!!!
 I needed to clarify my understanding and become lined up again with the Holy Spirit. So I looked up in the theological dictionary for some definitions. Righteousness, according to the dictionary, biblically the term embraces a number of dimensions relating to God’s actions in establishing and maintaining right relationships. Ethically it is a state of moral purity or doing that which is right. Then, I looked up self-righteous. According to the same dictionary, means an attitude in which one justifies one’s own actions as being virtuous. This attitude may take on the characteristic of feeling oneself to be morally superior to others.
Consequently, I was demolished because in my understanding to become like Jesus Christ, I was doing the opposite!!! I had tried to make the people’s points of view agree with Claudia’s instead of God’s!!! Again, the Holy Spirit kindly showed me that God just requires from me to be a faithful tool through which God’s grace flows toward the world. The rest of the work is God’s decision.

With Love and Respect,
Blessings in Christ <><,
            Claudia Nava-Galloway

No comments:

Post a Comment