Friday, October 21, 2011

Are you free from shame and guilty?

                 How many times have you wished that you could turn back time and change your past wrongdoings? These mistaken thoughts about . . .? These harmful words about or toward. . .? These erroneous relationships with . . . ? These ungodly actions . . .? I used to highly regret some past actions, words, and thoughts. If I just could be born again . . .!!!
Regretfully, I discovered that all the wrongdoings in my life have created a veil of shame and guilt inside my heart and my mind. I was trapped inside myself. As a result, I was living just with the illusion of hope that material things, some situations, or people could bring to my empty life in everyday life.
 I also learned that all the things in which I had placed my hope and happiness were finite and limited. For instance, it is impossible to find everlasting hope, joy, and peace in any earthly thing that has been created. In addition, for around twenty years, I was so busy inside my little and miserable world that I ignored the presence of the Holy Spirit who was calling me to repentance and the new beginning that I desperately needed.  
Consequently, the heaviness of the veil of shame and guilt was obstructing my spiritual growing toward the good goal that God had designed since the beginning of time for each individual: the likeness of God in human life through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, freedom from guilt and shame, and conscious growth in God’s everlasting love, kind forgiveness, and powerful presence.
The good news is that God specializes in second, third, and fourth opportunities. I just needed to seriously make a commitment with Jesus Christ and become a real disciple with everlasting love and trust in Him.
With Love and Respect,
Blessings in Christ <><,
Claudia Nava-Galloway

No comments:

Post a Comment