Thursday, March 3, 2016

Hi, Where Have You Been??


Hi, Where Have You Been???



            This entire week I have been praying, studying, and writing drafts for this meditation. God gave me the title early this week and that’s it!!! After really hard thinking, because I wanted to write something very big and special, something spectacular!!! I realized that for God every thought that is intended to please Him and help others is not a small thing. Actually, it has the character to be a spectacular writing in God’s eyes.

            So the meditation for the Christmas Eve Service came this morning as I was thanking God for the visit of Merida and Randal with Gus and Jasmine, their lovely dogs. How wonderful and meaningful it is to have and to count on friends that really care for us.

            My dad used to tell me, showing me his right hand, that if I can get 5 friends in my lifetime, five real and good friends, the kind of friends that are with us in the good, in the bad, and in the ugly of our lives, then I have been blessed.

            On the other hand, it is very difficult to be a present and caring friend, the kind of friend who is going to be with you 100% of the time and in every bad situation. I am not saying in good situations because to be present in good times is easy for any of us.  Realistically speaking, when we cannot be present with our friends, and we say, I cannot be there but I am in spirit with you, excuse me dear ones, but it doesn’t count. I cannot be in spirit in any other place because my spirit is inside my body. That is the plain reality. If I cannot be present with my friends in the bad then I cannot help. I cannot give them emotional support with my presence. I cannot hold their hand. I cannot offer my ear to listen and my shoulder to cry. Then honestly, it sounds like we are not very good friends.

            But, God has a very good sense of care because He gave us Himself in the person of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ came to this world to be our closest and our very best friend that we can get. We cannot get a better friend than Jesus. He always is going to give us a hand. He always is going to give us His shoulder to cry and His ear to listen to us. He always is going to carry us when life gets tough and we cannot bear any more bad luck or bad situations. He is always going to be with us no matter what. Jesus never fails because He is the only perfect God who decided to live inside us.

            My dear ones today, we celebrate the birth of the Only Good Friend who is going to be with us always until the end of the world. He has decided to come so close to us that He became one of us in order to show us how much He loves us and how much He cares for each one of us. Today, Jesus is very close to you. We can hear Him saying to each one of us, Hi, where have you been???  

Let us pray,

Caring and Loving Jesus

Thank You so much for coming to this broken world to show us that You are the Only Good Friend that we can count on always. Help us to accept it even if we don’t understand it. We want to open our hearts and our minds to Your Holy Presence.

In Your name, we pray. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment