Friday, October 28, 2011

Is Time something that really belongs to me?

Thursday, October 27, 2011
Late meditation after a long day without breaks, God sent me a godly man, my mentor with a message.
Is time something that really belongs to me?
How do I live my life? How do I spend my time?
The first concept that I had to clarify was possession. Does “my” time really belong to me?
As a Christian who tries to live in a healthy and consistent spiritual balance in God’s presence, I have found the detachment of some preconceived Western cultural concepts such as time very difficult.
  Having recognized that money comes and goes, health sometimes comes and goes, and beauty comes and goes, and comes back again -with enough money for beauty treatments, note that time comes to us and departs from us forever. One hour that has passed is one hour that is not going to come back even with all the prayers in the world.
Time is also one of these abstract concepts that I have understood. But, honestly, I have appropriated it as my own. The truth is that time does not belong to me. Until now, I have not had the power to create time. I would be arrogant and ignorant if I seriously believe that I have earned and owned something that has been given to me through Loving Grace.
Well, if time does not belong to me, then who does really own time? The answer is easy to articulate, but very hard to assimilate, and even harder to acknowledge it. God and only God owns time. However, time has been entrusted to me by God. I am just a steward of time.
After my obvious illumination (sarcasm added),the next step that I took in order to have my peace and joy back, was to answer to myself two questions: how am I using the time that God has permitted me to have, and how well am I investing God’s precious time? I have discerned that the answers to these two questions are going to be intimately correlated with my quality of life and my inner peace.
 When I do not focus on talking with Jesus Christ the entire day-at least, I honestly try- in order to follow the Holy Spirit’s guidance and God’s will, then my inner peace starts decreasing; consequently, I find myself concerned about my to-do list that slowly is causing me to worry about my future.
God wants me to have a life and an abundant life. On the other hand, the world wants me to have a life but a stressful life. When this sinful world starts tricking me into the illusion of “my time,” I just need to look around me and start counting all the wonderful blessings that God has poured out for me!!!
With Love and respect,
Blessings in Christ <><,
                Claudia Nava-Galloway

No comments:

Post a Comment